- 4 (4- to 6-oz.) tilapia fillets
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning*
- 3 tablespoons self-rising flour
- 1/2 cup plain yellow cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Lemon (optional)
- Garnish: fresh parsley
- *Creole seasoning may be substituted.
Sprinkle fillets with 1 tsp. seasoning. Combine remaining seasoning, flour, and cornmeal. Dredge fillets in flour mixture, shaking off excess.
Melt butter with oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add fillets, and cook 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until fish flakes with a fork. Squeeze juice from lemon over fillets, and garnish, if desired. Serve immediately.
Pan Fried Fish: Maister, K. (n.d.). Pan Fried Fish with Lemon and Parsley. Retrieved from http://startcooking.com/pan-fried-fish-with-lemon-and-parsley