The benefits of yoga provide both instant gratification and lasting transformation. Yoga can change your physical and mental capacity quickly, while preparing the mind and body for long-term health.
Some of the Many Benefits of Yoga:
- You can choose a yoga style that is tailored to your lifestyle, such as hot yoga, power yoga, relaxation yoga and even prenatal yoga.
- It increases endurance, strength and flexibility.
- Mental endurance and physical stamina are tested through holding postures for extended breaths.
- Arm and shoulder strength is multiplied as you use your own body weight for resistance.
- Lats and other back muscles begin to support the spine better than before.
- Abdominals and obliques are refined and sharpened through building core muscles.
- Poor and average posture begins to correct itself over time.
- Hip flexors are stretched and rebuilt.
- Glutes, quads, hamstrings, and calves are tightened and lengthened where they need to be.
Balancing Stick Pose
- Perfects control and balance.
- Firms hips, buttocks, and upper thighs, as well as providing many of the same benefits for the legs as in Standing Head to Knee.
- Increases circulation and strengthens the cardiovascular system, this is an excellent exercise for poor posture.
- Improves flexibility, strength, and muscle tone of shoulders, upper arms, spine, and hip joints.
Half Tortoise Pose
- Provides maximum relaxation.
- Helps indigestion and stretches the lower part of the lungs, increasing blood circulation to the brain.
- Firms the abdomen and thighs.
- Increases the flexibility of hip joints, scapula, deltoids, triceps, and latisimus dorsi muscles.